Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas and a few other things.


So in 2013 I am really really going to try harder at posting on our blog hopfully once a week we will see...
Christmas was great at our house well maybe I should go back just a little bit to a few other things I’ve missed posting
I know how dare I forget to post things?

For Halloween this last year we had a couple of things for William to dress up as and had a Monkey costume for George that I made for William a couple years ago.  Last year when I was pregnant I got the brilliant idea to get a yellow rainsuit (so I could reuse it for William so he could be the man in the yellow hat and the baby would have a monkey costume for curious George so I began searching and couldn’t find anything but I did find another monkey costume so I decided to just get that for William and I could have a couple of monkeys for Halloween.   

But secretly I still thought it would be especially adorable to have the man in the yellow hat since we did have our little Curious George so I continued searching and found a little yellow rainsuit!!!

I was quite excited to get our little curious George team going...sadly though the weather did not want to cooperate with our Halloween fun and it was very very cold so George stayed home and we took William out to a few houses in Caroline with our friend Shauna and her little girl.  He wore the Monkey costume cause it was a little warmer and we could fit his coat underneath it better.  Hopefully this next year the weather will be a little better and we will be able to take Georgey out with us.

They both sure are growing William absolutely loves his dada and is such a dada’s boy.


And Georgey sure likes to try to “help” mommy in the kitchen.
 
On December 15 we went to our Ward Christmas party.  William had a blast running around and playing with the kids.  The primary put on the Nativity story and William loved looking at the baby Jesus in the manger.  Later they did say that we could have used Georgey as baby Jesus and I said it probably wouldn’t have worked out since he loves to wiggle and move and crawl he wouldn’t have been happy staying in the manger.


After the Nativity there was a program and after that Santa came William wasn’t too sure about it. (At least he didn’t cry)
 
Georgey was awesome!!!  He fed off of the energy of the other kids and his Grandpa Tricker even says when santa came out Georgey said “there’s Santa”.  What an absolute doll.
 
Fun was had by all at the party afterwords we went to the Vonhollens Christmas light display.  William was just in awe over all of the lights.


The boys enjoyed going over to Grandpa and Grandmas house and looking at their tree, even though it doesn’t show in Williams face.
 
Little elfy Georgey

For Christmas eve this year we were going to go to our friend Shauna’s home but than her family came down with the flu the week before Christmas and some of them were still not feeling well.  Then we were going to go over to Wilf and Christine’s for their traditional snacky finger food but William decided he didn’t want that either he came down with the flu that day so we ended up just staying home Christmas eve and decided instead of having Santa find us at Grandpa and Grandmas house (Wilf and Christine) he would just find us at our house.  At 530 Christmas morning William decided it was time to get up much to our disappointment we were hoping to sleep in a little.  William really didn’t know what to think of the presents Christmas morning.

We decided the best thing for Georgey would be to put him in his booster chair so he wouldn’t get into everything.  He sure knew how to open a present though.  Isn’t the best way to eat the present?


I got my Christmas present a little early and have been enjoying my new Camera to take all these pictures J

On boxing day John came down with the flu and even though he had the day off he spent it sick in bed L  Luckily Georgey didn’t get too sick and I didn’t show any signs of being sick. 
About a week ago John and his dad went and got a truckload a fire wood when they got back I put Georgey down for a nap and William and I went outside to help bring the firewood in.  William absolutely loved being able to bring the wood in and help out.  You  couldn’t wipe the smile off of his face.

 
After the work was done we let William stay outside and play in the snow a little bit.

 
Dada even went out and played with him when his work was finished.  
  
 
             For New Years we decided to just stay home and take it easy.  We let William decide if he wanted to go to bed when he usually does or stay up til he crashed and he went to bed.  He decided to go to bed at his regular bedtime.  John and I stayed up and rang in the new year together. 

William is at the stage where he loves to learn he can recognize every letter in the alphabet and we are working on the alphabet song with him. 
 
His favorite movie has been “Buddy” (Elf) every morning he wakes up and says “Num num watch Buddy”  The boys are such a joy to our lives and we are happy they are part of our family. 

From our family to yours we are hoping you had a very Merry Christmas and we hope you have a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment